Sunday, August 14, 2011

The broom is stronger than the baseball bat...





or..



Out of darkness cometh light


Ok I'm a plagurist! The title of this post 'borrowed' from my pastor who used it as part of our service this morning, and the subtitle is the city motto of Wolverhampton.

Both of which describe this photo perfectly! (wonder how many of you can spot me on there?)

Wednesday morning after the events of Tuesday night all these people, and more could be seen in Wolverhampton city centre helping to clean up the city. Must admit there was little to do to be honest, our council had been very efficient in cleaning the worst of the mess, leaving us mainly to help out the shopkeepers. It was really nice to be appreciated, and they were very touched.

The light was certainly coming out from the darkness that morning!

After watching videos of how Wolverhampton police dealt with the rioters, I think most of the people of the city, have a new respect for them. Following many of them on twitter this week I've found many of them doing far more beat duty - not only for reassurance to the public but as a matter of neccessity having to walk off all the cake and chocolates they have been given by way of thanks!

To all the police officers, and their families, who give them up for our safety, I would like to say a huge THANK YOU.

*hugs & blessings*

No comments:

Finally Up And Running!

I've had this blogspot a VERY long time, can't remember exactly how long, but i'm pretty sure I had it before I met my husband, so that would put it at least 7 years ago! But I've never before actually got around to doing anything with it.. so i thought it was time!

*hugs*
Smoffi

Nightmare socks...

Nightmare socks...
And i've knitted two pairs!