Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Radical difference!

I've been praying a LOT over my weight. I've been in such a state. Well today while in town I decided to go see someone at the health food shop about my weight.

I spoke to a very helpful gentleman, who made me feel like I was getting a consultation with a top Harley Street doctor! He told me more about losing weight, how different things work in my body, and interact with each other, than any doctor has ever done! Yes, he gave me a list of things the shop sold which could help me, but also told me I didn't need to buy everything he suggested, and encouraged me to go away and research for myself the things he suggested. He certainly wasn't pushy in the slightest. He gave me an information sheet about the best way to eat healthily.

Well I did purchase a couple of things, not hugely expensive, from the list he gave me, then later settled down to read the sheet he had given me. Imagine my surprise when one of the instructions was "Pray before eating"! There were several references to praying and thanking God. This has given me a very positive attitude, and feeling of 'rightness'

The eating plan effectively is a vegan diet but not only does it tell you what to eat but HOW to eat it too. (I'm not being vegan on any moral grounds, so don't shoot me if you see me with the occasional chicken salad!).

So tomorrow is a trip to the market to stock up on fruit and vegetables, and see how it goes starting in earnest from Thursday!

1 comment:

Linda Simpson said...

Good luck with your weight loss. Very interesting read.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Finally Up And Running!

I've had this blogspot a VERY long time, can't remember exactly how long, but i'm pretty sure I had it before I met my husband, so that would put it at least 7 years ago! But I've never before actually got around to doing anything with it.. so i thought it was time!

*hugs*
Smoffi

Nightmare socks...

Nightmare socks...
And i've knitted two pairs!