Tuesday, January 07, 2014

New Year, New Me - how cliché!

No, not really a new me, I am I'm me (in the words of a very old Twisted Sister song!) God created me and He knew what He was doing. But, physically at least, I need to take a bit more care.

I've piled back on all the weight I lost a couple of years ago, I THINK I'm the biggest I've ever been, but could be wrong on that one, because for a very long time I refused to even weigh myself, and I know I lost some weight before I did weigh me and then went on to lose 4 stone. So all I can say with certainty is that I've seen the heaviest weight I've ever seen on the scales.

It's not easy, I know it's not, I've tried so many times. I want to say 'this time it's different' but I've said that so many times too, and always with the same result - failure.

Yes I have failures, but I'm not a failure, that suggestion is coming from the father of the lie, and I'm not going to take heed of those lies anymore.

I know there will be those out there thinking 'here we go again, we've heard the "I'm going to lose weight" so many times before' or is it just me thinking that?

I do want it to be different this time, but I can't guarentee that.

Something different I am doing this time is pictures. I'm aiming to post a photo of myself weekly here come what may - and I REALLY hate showing pictures of myself.

Maybe that will give me the motivation. I've joined a facebook group 'Steps to Good Health' which seems very encouraging, so more motivation there.

If you see me about, please don't be afraid to ask me how it's going - to comment if you can tell I'm losing. I know there are  times I don't comment when I see someone who has lost weight, not for any negative reason, but unless I know for sure they're actively trying to lose weight, I worry that it might come across as insulting. Well I certainly wont be insulted!

So here it is - the obligitary 'mirror pic' on day 2 (didn't think about blogging until today) - I REALLY hate this picture.. but I guess that's kind of the idea.

No comments:

Finally Up And Running!

I've had this blogspot a VERY long time, can't remember exactly how long, but i'm pretty sure I had it before I met my husband, so that would put it at least 7 years ago! But I've never before actually got around to doing anything with it.. so i thought it was time!

*hugs*
Smoffi

Nightmare socks...

Nightmare socks...
And i've knitted two pairs!